Safety Management Blog
Blog Post 1: October 19th, 2021
Hello, my name is Logan Persinger and I am currently a Sophomore at Slippery Rock University to pursue my career in Safety Management. For my first blog I will tell you a little about myself and about Safety Management. I grew up loving construction and my views on that never changed, so when I found out that there was a major that fir my preferences I quickly jumped on it and have not regretted it one bit. Safety is always changing in this world and I just am so glad that I have the chance to be apart of it and to make sure all workers stay safe while doing their jobs. The job of a Safety Manager is to ensure the safety to all employees and the public in a workplace and they work daily to come up with strategies to make sure all aspects of your jobsite are safe. Thank you so much for joining along with me during this blog and I hope you enjoy!
I'm also a safety major, and this is well said. Safety isn't just first, it's everything. What I've learned is a company that has good safety doesn't just have less injuries but they are viewed by others differently, it changes their reputation. For instance, maybe they get more business from having better safety. They might get more customers if they provide a service. Those customers may feel better about choosing that company and feel their employees are safer. That's how it was at my internship. I also saw that the older employees at the company I was at were more likely to get injured because, like you said, they started doing things how they wanted. The newer employees were more cautious, scared if you will. It's important to always follow protocol and remain cautious.
ReplyDelete